Friday, August 08, 2008

Its no use! Everybody gets good enemies except me!!

It was Friendship week recently & am goin to try payin tribute to most of my friends!!
These are my pals who have been with me at various stages & are still part of my life!!
Before invasion, I had two pals during junior year - one pal was allowed to invite only friend per year for her bday party!!The other was secretly married for a yr or so and then sued her parents for some reason...
During Invasion - While in AVK, nagercoil, I met two people who became my good friends only 7 yrs later...
Divya(also my cousin) eventually married this guy who had secretly hacked my pc for about 6-7months, freakin me out.
Sajay - got me into serious trouble at college, often gangin up wit the guys. He bought me an orange(transparent) lipstick as a farewell gift.
After invasion- senior year, this part portrays me as a multiple personality character - I had about 4 groups of pals and each had nothin to do with the other and 2 groups didnt get along with the 5th person at all!!
Naureen - she drives me insane & is my oncall gynaec!! she went to egypt,met an egyptian, married him. Her wedding card had the wrong phone nos and no weddin date.
Nusrat's stayin hardly 10 minutes away & v have hardly met in over 3 yrs!! Also, she refuses to let me go to her dental clinic!!
Dimple got mad at me because I had seen her crush topless and had gotten all his school books!! now, she's married to a thakur with all the works - the horse, the sword and all...
Anita had the option of namin her daughter after me, but chose not to!!
Jubie went to India for a holiday and found herself married within 2 weeks!!
Sharon's younger sister dated my first ever crush & she couldnt wait to tell me!!
Sunil told me somethin so profound once that I tell it to all when am in a fightin mood -"when two friends fight, one should remain calm & patient, otherwise, it could ruin the friendship"
College -
Induja - The day after we were ill treated by a prof... v went to see Dum Dum Dum to rid our sorrows & it worked wonders!!
Lenin - He was a pal of my crush, so v avoided him, but he turned out to b a fun guy.
Jayanth - Epal - v met over a fwd about Urban legend & used to chat almost every night. He later married a girl who shared my first name!!
Anju - Am glad we became pals!! Despite the fact we didnt know eachother initially(& i was asked to avoid her), she still gave me a lift home after our photography classes. turns out we are 3rd generation of family friends!!she's like this whirlwind of entertainment - the getogethers, drives, movies, food, tv series!!
Kavitha - She reminds me of Mona Lisa - that serene smile, but a fountain of mystery beneath!! I dont think I have ever been so frustrated by anyone more!! always scribblin on the desks with her quotes or lyrics!!
Together, the 3 of us have discussed anatomy on tissues, nicknamed crushes to the extent of "chappal guy", done assignments listening to nursery rhymes, watched "Counterfiet contessa",freaked out my crush and gave a few a hard time!!

3 comments:

Karen Xavier said...

Shil, this brought back memories... still laughing. All the descriptions are hilarious shil, you have a knack of making anything sound funny. I should write a blog on my friends soon...
Chappal guy, kinda forgot how he looks, Yeah, I listen to those nursery rhymes even now, gonna buy a cd soon (anju sure brought in a lot of zest to college life), and counterfeit contessa- I absolutely love that movie, trying to get a copy of it since when! Loved this post, shil...

That Squirrel said...

hahahaha... interesting summaries about the people.
You did avoid me like the plague..I don't blame you... I avoided most people in that stupid college like the plague. I guess my purpose in going there was to provide you two with entertainment! :p

Aww, and our names are highlighted!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You *still* remember the email! i hunted down my inboxres in an atempt to find it - and this seems to be the oldest:

> >Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:13:47 CDT
>
> >> > > > > Subject: Romance lives!
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > Joe, who is 23, has been in love with
> >> > Chrissie,
> >> > > > > also 23, since their senior year of high
> >> > school. He bet her that he
> >> > > > > could make a webpage and get 1,000,000
> hits.
> >> > He said
> >> > > > > that if he did it, she has to marry him
> and
> >> > she
> >> > > > > *agreed*. He's at about 21,000 now and
> has
> >> > to do it by her 24th
> >> > > >birthday
> >> > > > > on December 16th. So just visit this
> webpage
> >> > once and help this nice
> >> > > > > guy get married. I think i's a cute
> proposal
> >> > dare... :-)
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > It won't take long, it's just a cute
> little
> >> > thing.
> >> > > > > Spread the love to your friends too. :-)
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > >
> >> >
> http://www.geocities.com/will_u_marry_me_chrissie

Or was there another one?

btw, do you remember that inland letter you wrote when your computer conked out?