Sunday, March 01, 2009

To Baileys with Love - part 1

Introduction of my Induction :
tHe first I had - was from my dad's stock of johnny walker scotch - dry - my cousin & I coughed a lot & then went on to create our very first chat id - chat2scotch@Y
tHe 2nd was when Anju either decided v were mature enough or when she gave up on that idea ever becomin a reality!! sHe took kavitha & myself to her terace & gave us 20-80% - 7up, vodka, much to my protest!! But come to think of it - to get down, v had to climb down the very narrow metal ring ladder & below were the 2 german sheperds(copper & pepper) kennels after havin my 1st serious taste of liq..!!

aNyhoo, years later when she told me of Bailey's Irish crème, I was sceptical bcause of its coffee flavour. But fell in love with from the very first sip.

bOught my very first drink - Bailey's from dubai airport in jan'07 on my way to India to attend my sister's weddin!! tHere - due to lack of privacy, no room & kidies company, I had to refrain. But after the weddin, when I finally went to get it, it was gone - vanished & I'd had just 2 sips so far - it had accidently gone wit my driver who then mistook it for a cream. Rushed to ngl & was so grateful to get it bac, that I didn’t mind the ants crawlin all around it !! Took two more sips, then gifted it to kavitha - I kno - how generous of me!! It was actually her gift in the 1st place!!
Turns out - I was expectin my baby by then - so God helped me in his twisted ways!!
along with that baileys, I had gotten anju a sherry - which I couldn’t give her & what happened to it? My dad & uncle drank it all sayin at each sip that it tasted bad!!

& thats how my luck goes with these stuffs!! sO close, yet always far!!!!

2 comments:

Karen Xavier said...

Shil, I had no idea you were so much into Baileys... I can't get into anything that has even the slightest coffee taste in it. But yeah, among all the alcoholic stuff that I have tasted so far, Irish cream is definitely the best tasting one... I guess that's because it is more creamish and sweet rather than insipid and disgusting like pure alcohol. I remember hiding behind your house and taking turns at downing that bailey's bottle, little did I know that the first signs of Adwaith were starting to form in you... If I had the slightest inkling I would have hit you on the head with that bottle...

That Squirrel said...

hahaha... okay, if I ever come across Bailey's, I'll save it all for you. I'm sooo sick of Bailey's...maybe I'm just becoming lactose intolerant. :p
Please get me Kahlua - I have enough Sherry now.
ps- Copper was a weird mixed Labrador. Only Pepper was a German shepherd.