Saturday, March 14, 2009

Went Sober, Royally Messed up, Returned Dead Sober!!

mY swan dance with the Bailey's on the run!!

Irish Coffee is the perfect breakfast because it contains all four adult food groups: fat, sugar, caffeine and alcohol.

I had to face one of my worst fears/terrors when I had to go to mumbai to attend my couisn brother's weddin in feb '09!! not just anywhere - colaba - right next door to taj!!

oh wow - it was like visitin the Jalianwala Bagh or the Concentration camp!! the Taj, the Leopold cafe & the Nariman house - - to relive those intense moments of despair, hoplessness - which I seemed to obsses over for over 6 months.

So with all these emotional baggages - I really really needed my drink!!

There IT was - in all its glory at the Doha airport - duty free, waiting for me to claim it as mine with qatar riyals, proper dinars or visa/master card, neither of which I had!! I spent the next 6 hrs with a new obsession!



IT then wasnt available on my flight to mumbai, although the steward tried to make up by givin me 2 types of red wine - which kinda backfired on both of us!! He (or his twin??) ended up bringin me 3 glasses of water.


Mumbai, after 13 yrs, was a slow chaos of traffic, signals, what not!!

I went to my very 1st disco club after being promised the Olive Club, a crowd of celebs & lots of baileys!! All I got was a teeeny glass with less than 1/4 pint of IT(cant find the pic) - that was the last straw !!

With 1 day remainin, my cousin sys found me a bottle of Bailey's syster -some amrulate...a heady fruity mix, at the reception venue(as seen in pic). I had my uncles & their daughters IT under the table!!

Next day, v travelled from Colaba to Bandra, bandra to worli & back to Bandra where v just narrowly missed John Abraham, who spent the whole night holed up in his parent's apt right next door to where v were stayin!!
Alas!! 2 more sips, a sinkin heart, I bid farewell to my 3/4th full bottle & left mumbai(hopefully for the last time)Its truly awesome - the place is so alive, glorious, enthusiastic and a damn brave survivor !!
But somebody please make headway on their traffic problem!!

4 comments:

Karen Xavier said...

couldn't you have just put up a decent picture instead of the ghost images... and bombay is congested, but then so are a lot of metros. It gets crazy here during the peak hours... and I am glad you did not see John Abraham. You cannot seem to control yourself when ordinary cute looking guys are around, imagine seeing someone deadly gorgeous like John Abraham around...

Icychips said...

u kno thats an original snap - not altered at all!!
it wud b real awesome to c such hot guys in flesh!! sigh!!

That Squirrel said...

Oh my goodness, the whole post was about you pinning about some Bailey's?? hahaha.
I like the ghost picture!

Carol said...

you were so close and you didn't get to see him?!?1 thats sad.. you should have sneaked inside men.. jumped up walls or something..